Calrad component cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Garrett Adams, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

2. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

I have never heard of these cables nor am I an expert on this subject. But from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it has been shielded that well. I don't think they're necessarily bad cables. But I wouldn't consider them a bargain either IMO. Now let the experts answer you.

3. Jeff Weight

Jeff Weight Stunt Coordinator

I haven't tried these Calrad cables, but have other ones they produce in my system. I feel they make a good quality cable at a cheap price. If I needed the type of cables in question, they are what I would buy.

4. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

I use a Calrad BNC breakout cable in my setup (i.e. VGA to 5 BNC connectors) and it works well.

5. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

My comments on Calrad stuff.

I have some of their 12 gauge speaker cable. Some brand new and some about 6 years old. When I got the new stuff home, I realized the old stuff had changed color somewhat, and after checking, can find nothing that says it uses OFC conductors.

I also found their stuff is primarily sold through electronics supply stores. Which is where I got mine.

After examining many of their products at the store, I would say their products are solidly constructed, but that the materials are fair to good, but not the best.

If you think the cables are a better priced compared to others you have seen, go for it, probably they will be OK.

BB