Callisto HTPC case, like new and RARE!

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by dougW, Jul 17, 2003.

1. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

I'm getting out of the HTPC thing. It just wasn't my cup of java. Of course you may want to build a custom desktop computer, instead of an HTPC. Have a case with character.

For sale, and not available as a stand alone case from Digital Connections now. My Callisto HTPC case with THICK anodized aluminum front panel, included DVD ROM drive, and 300 watt power supply, Pentium board ready or AMD. It was never really used. I did build a computer in it, but then due to lack of time, just didn't fool with it. I opted to remove the parts for another project, and sell the case so you can build one the way you want it, and will be selling another conventional case computer soon. If you want to buy the parts for it, I could sell a completed HTPC. Inquire. But I would prefer to sell in kit form.

In my opinion, it looks more like an audio component than any other case I've seen, that's why I bought it. It's sharp as a tac, and looks great with black or silver components.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price was $400.00 OBO + 35.00 shipping to lower 48, NOW 350 obo plus 35 shipping, OBox and packing material for protection. Completed computer like this is 2800 at Digital Connections. 450 is what I paid for it. Again, you can't buy it anywhere else as a stand alone case that I am aware of. So act fast.

Email me if interested. [email protected] It's in mint 9/10 condition. 9 of 10 only because I did build a computer in it once, but saw little use. Mint front panel and black case. Buy with confidence, reputable web businessman at catcables.com.

Lex

2. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

Please PM me with working picture links.
    Jerry

3. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

jerry, I am PMing you the links, but they are working here. Maybe just a glitch for you.

Doug

4. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

Pics work for me.
    Nice case [​IMG]

5. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

They are now also working for me.
    This morning it was not.
    I think catcables server was at fault.

6. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Chris. Well, there aren't to many hickups at CAT usually, but I guess it happens on all servers, or sometimes jsut the path to my server from a particular route.

So, anybody like enough to buy it? [​IMG] Again, I will negotiate a deal with an Asus mobo, at least a 1.4 ghz CPU, and like new 80 gig hard drive if anybody wants it that way.

Lex

7. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Price cut to 375 OBO, looking for a buyer. Remember, includes DVD rom drive and 300 watt power supply.

Add shipping

Doug

8. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

Sorry Doug, post edited. Normally its better to hear from a fellow member than a mod, but you made it clear what your preference is.

9. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Chris, it had nothing to do with the information, it had to do with the method. I do appreciate you trying to look out for me though! [​IMG]

Doug

10. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Make offer, you won't hurt my feelings.

Doug

11. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

What are the dimensions of the case? can the DVD drive's open/close button be operated? Can that small piece of aluminum in the front slot be attached to the DVD ROM tray?

12. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

dimensions. Approx 5.5" X 17.5" X 17.25". In other words, right at a 17.5 square that's 5.5" high.

Regarding your other question, yes, there's a front power switch, and a front button to open the DVD tray (matching aluminum). The front aluminum bezel plate is attached to the existing DVD drive that's installed. So, you press the button, the tray opens just like a CD player in your rack.

Again, there is already a DVD ROM drive installed, and a power supply.

Doug

13. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Price now 300 plus shipping.