What's new

Calling AV enthusiasts! Custom Cinema £50,000 to spend on hardware, would love help with decisions.. (1 Viewer)

MassAV

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Hello everyone,

I am a novice in this area and would be very grateful for any help with finalising the hardware spec list for our cinema build.

Although I am no expert on the 'tech' side of things I do greatly appreciate a beautiful picture and sound (hence this build!) and really want to get this right.

We have been sent two final quotes for equiptment and installation but even after consulting a few local retailers and reading many reviews I am still struggling with making a final decision.

I understand everyone's needs and tastes differ but I just want to be sure that firstly I'm not being overcharged for the eq. they recommend, and mainly if that is the best set up for the money. Budget is around £45-£50k.
(Can spend a little more if for example there is a huge step up in quality/performance if we go for a certain projector or receiver that costs a few thousand more, but ideally want to keep it all under £50k)

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks!

Please see the two quotes we were provided below -
Bespoke Cinema Quote-1.jpg
Bespoke Cinema Quote-2.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was hoping someone else would chime in... but.

I may not be of much help, because I prefer to avoid in-wall speakers, especially subwoofers. Second, I would never spend that much on a receiver. For that budget, I would definitely go separates (separate preamp and amplifiers). Of course, that means my suggestions would be a total change from the direction you are going.

MassAV

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Thanks for your advice John, much appreciated.
I would prefer if it was all built in to the walls for a more flush look inside the room but if it hinders the sound quality that much then will certainly consider other options.
I imagine we would save a lot on soundproofing if the subwoofer isn’t built in to the wall! ;)
Thanks again for your input, it is greatIy appreciated.
We will put this forward to our team.
All the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks