Calling all Revel owners, Help with crossover setting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JackIR, Apr 25, 2002.

1. JackIR

JackIR Stunt Coordinator

Hi fellow Revel owners. I need your help with the crossover settings for my speakers. I have two F30's up front, a C30 and two S30's in back. My sub is the SVS Ultra. They are all set at THX 80Hz. I have the ability to set the crossover individually by 10 hz steps.

I'm just curious as to what crossover you have your speakers.

Thanks.

2. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

IMO it depends on how much power your running through your speakers. When I had my system setup (now in boxes). And used a [email protected] amp I had the cut off at about 50Hz to the subs. I played around with it at 60-80Hz also. But, for some reason settled on 50Hz for two channel listening. For movies I had it set at 80Hz. I added a Rotel 1090 amp to the F-30 speakers and ran them with no sub for two channel listening and 80Hz for movies. At [email protected] there was plenty of bass and no need for the two 20-39 SVS subs. I only set the cross over at 80Hz for movies because of my other speakers limits. The F-30 likes a lot of power IMO. So if your using smaller amps to run through the F-30 then your room and ears may dictate the cross over you set them at. Hope this help some?!