Calling all George Lynch/Dokken fans

Discussion in 'Music' started by Philip_T, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

I recently picked up George Lynch and Jeff Pilson's CD Wicked Underground not expecting too much, but curious to see what two of the original founders of Dokken could pull off. Well, I must say that they definitely hit one out of the park on this one. Jeff Pilson sings on all tracks and actually sounds a lot like Don Dokken on most of em. George sounds like he's tuned down to 'D' on alot of the tracks and down even further on few. And the bass, oh my, Jeff's amps must go to 11 on this one. If your a George Lynch or Dokken fan in the slightest, you owe it to yourself to go and pick this title up without hesitation. Great licks, great hooks, heavy sound, its all there. This CD has not left my rotation in over a month now.
    Highly Recommended [​IMG]

Two favorite tracks so far:
    Beast in the Box (one of the low tuned tracks)
    Goodbye Utopia

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

No shit?!! I'll definitely check this out as I was a huge Dokken fan until they split. Their subsequent re-groupings have been less than inspiring. Lynch was a big influence on me when I started playing guitar. I listened to Under Lock and Key a little while ago and it still kicks, with what I believe is George's best work across an entire album.

Thanks for the heads up.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I don't know if I'd call Pilson an original founder of Dokken. He was brough in after they got a record contract to replace their original bass player who the record company felt was not good enough for the band. Pilson was playing in his own band, the guys in Dokken went to see them, were (quite rightly) very impressed, and afterwards told the rest of the band "sorry, we're stealing your bass player".

Pilson's voice was always one of the reasons Dokken worked, as much as they could, in the olden days. Man they had some real cheez-hair stuff back in the day! My butt rock band used to cover a couple Dokken songs.

I may have to check this out, Lynch is undeniably talented, and so is Pilson, this seems quite interesting.

4. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

The original bass player was Juan Croucier (I believe). He quickly moved over to Ratt where he enjoyed much success . . . and he was no slouch as a player. [​IMG]

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Wow I did not know that! Juan certainly is quite a competent hair band bassist! The line on "Round and Round" is tasty.