Calling all C6480/C920 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil*K, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Phil*K

Phil*K Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking into buying one of these units. I can get the C920 from a local Tweeter's for $360. I searched this forum for information and also on the AVS forum, but not too much info. If anyone has this unit and can give me their impression I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Phil

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Phil, yeah, these models have not been discussed here extensively. The few comments I have read have been positive. I've played with the 'C920 a bit here and there at local stores, and it looks to be a solid machine. For $360, I say give it a try. You can always return it.

3. Phil*K

Phil*K Stunt Coordinator

Keith,

Thanks for responding. I'll just pick one up and give it a try. I would have liked to find out what Panasonic engine is used in this unit but I'll just get one and try the usual tests that have been talked about on the forum.

Cheers,

Phil

4. Robert_V

Robert_V Agent

Phil:

I picked up a DVC-6480 a couple of weeks ago at One Call for $359.00 (Free Shipping, a little haggling for that).

I am extremely happy with it. Picture is great, audio is even better (DTS decoding very nice)!!

DVD Audio is a VERY welcome addition, too.

Enjoy!!

Rob

5. Phil*K

Phil*K Stunt Coordinator

Hey Robert,

Thats good to know. I'm just hoping to get the picture quality of the Panasonic and better sound, without having to spend a small fortune.

Take it easy,

Phil

6. TimothyE

TimothyE Stunt Coordinator

Terrific player! Built better than the Denon 1600 with PQ equal (IMO - based on everything I could throw at it) to that of the highly regarded RP82.

Only two drawbacks are that is has no power on/off via the remote and no time remaining display.

Tim

7. Phil*K

Phil*K Stunt Coordinator

Tim,

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I'm not too worried about the time remaining, but I would like to have remote power on/off. I wonder if plugging the power into the back of the receiver and using it to turn it off and on would cause any problems. Anyway, it sounds like its just what I'm looking for. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick one up next week.

Cheers,

Phil

8. Robert_V

Robert_V Agent

Phil:

Another note.....the Yamaha is the Panasonic built to Yammie specs. Plus, you get the Farajouda chip!

I am sure you won't be disappointed!

Rob

9. Phil*K

Phil*K Stunt Coordinator

Thanks everyone, I picked one up today. So far so good. The mechanism is a little slow but what the hell. I was happy to see it play my DVD+Rs. BTW, is there noise reduction for the video. Thanks again

Phil