What's new

Call to Warner Brothers: Give us Dolby TrueHD on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Tim, have you been drinking tonight? Why would I make something like that up? :confused:

Man, some of you guys are way off the deep end. I'm telling you what I did, and I specifically mentioned it in the context of both formats. No matter which side you fall on (Blu-Ray or HiDef DVD) it's a good thing. Hmmm, same studio as...oh nevermind...nobody believed me years ago on the DVDs being authored either. ;) It's ok, I'm used to it.

Go play with your lightsaber or something, and stop being a fanboy. :P :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Back to the title of this thread.
Extent that to all studios - on both sides and on any HD format they release on (as I've said somewhere else: I would be fully satisfied with 20 bits already, for several technical reasons).

Cees

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

Not to get too far off topic, but it was revealed recently in a thread about the Panasonic BD player that current DTS decoding chips might not have the processing power for full DTS-MA decoding. Meaning that current HD DVD and BD players might be upgradable to DTS-HD decoding (a better-sounding lossy than DTS core), but not to full DTS-HD MA (ie, not just firmware but hardware limitations). The PS3 may be excempt from this restriction due to its design (waiting on confirmation).

In any case, new decoding chips should be available soon thhat could be used in all HD DVD/BD products to provide full decoding for DTS-MA. In the meantime, the core-DTS 1500 kbps track from DTS-HD MA titles sounds *supurb* and noticably better to my ears that DD at 640/DD+, so I'm cool waiting out full decoding.

Ok... back on topic!

dave :)

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
Signed. No reason why any HD DVD or Blu-ray release shouldn't have lossless sound of whatever flavour, and I certainly wouldn't buy any 'high-definition' disc if that description couldn't be applied to the sound as well as the picture.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Hey DanR...no drinking here...notice the 4 smileys at the end of that statement??? sheesh.......since you've been laying hints for a few months now that HD DVD is dead etc...I just thought it was odd you would push for something on HD DVD. That's all...lighten up a bit man. Glad you are promoting both formats...:emoji_thumbsup:

BTW, I don't have the lightsaber any more. :)

Good news about the PS3...hopefully that will be true regarding it's future DTS-HD MA decoding. :cool:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Today the PS3 hits the market in Europe. Earlier I planned this to be my first BD-player for some time, but currently I'm waiting until more news about the support of the lossless codecs is available on it (especially the European version).

Cees

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Hear Hear! Warner Brothers and Paramount... PLEASE come to the party! We really want 24 bit/48 kHz and higher encodes from the master soundtracks in Dolby TrueHD (sans Dial. Norm.--- leave the bloody thing OFF).

Thank you.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks