What's new

Call of Duty Black Ops II (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Anyone else going to play this or an online regular?
here is the weapons and perks list if you want to plan ahead to see how you want to spend your 10 points.
I'm on XBox if anyone wants to play.
PM me your XBox ID.
I will also be testing out the 3D aspects of the game if anyone is curious.
They said they improved shadow detail, so I'm curious to see what's changed.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
not only can you play call of duty black ops in 3D for passive or active.
you can also play it with anaglyph red/blue glasses.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I've been playing this quite a bit lately. The level design is pretty good. I hate a few of them(way too big for my tatstes) but overall most levels are really decent.
I love the Treyarch COD's but I hate the weapon leveling aspect of their games.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
since day one i have been playing everyday for 5-6 hrs a day. prestiged twice and am currently level 22.
I've kept my scorpion gun (prestiged it once) and dead silence.
I'm now working on my vector gun, which i'm really loving.
I cant tell you how annoying not having dead silence is.
it sounds like a horse trotting around without it.

tjohnusa

Agent
Real Name
Terry John
I am a PC guy but my machine isn't good enough to run this. Getting a gaming rig for Christmas so I will pick it up then....very loyal online cod2 player.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
trying to unlock some of the more difficult camos to earn so I can get them to gold status.
There is also diamond status camo which turns your gun into a sparkling showcase.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
A couple of my favorite guns:
The FAL-It isn't so special until I unlocked the switch to go from semi to full auto fire. Pair that with the grip, and the red dot scope(sorry don't know all the proper names) and it is one seriously mean gun. Full auto for run n gun, switch to semi auto for very precise single shots for a sniper you see across the level and to camp. I also have 2 bouncing betties in that class.
The Light Machine gun. I can't think of the name off hand but if you go through the stats, it is the one that deals the most damage.
Vicious. Grip, red dot, and quickdraw. You need a few perks to offset the slow and clumsy handling of sucha big gun(dexterity, lightweight, etc.) but it is worth it. I was disappointed with the rapid fire(makes the full auto spit bullets at twice the speed) unlock for this gun. I thought by unlocking it it would make the gun better, but it didn't do much of anything, so I won't use it again.

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Do you guys know if playing with a home theater, ie having the xbox ran through a receiver and the tv through the receiver as well (with hdmi cables) will affect online play? Because when I play at my house I do terrible, which is crazy because I had a 3-4 KD on black ops 1 and mw3 (played both before I had a home theater) where as now I get a tad over a 1 KD, but when I play in a hotel with their internet connection on a 20 inch tube television I do badass again. It doesn't make any sense that when I play on a more than likely worse internet connection on a tv where I can hardly make out any letters I do better than on a tv I've been using for 4 years. It's gotten to the point I won't even play call of duty when I'm home because it pisses me of that I'm doing so bad. PLEASE HELP! Lol

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It may be a field of vision thing. With a big ass screen your eyes and brain can't get the whole picture and focus on the action while on a smaller tv you are seeing everything easier....

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
I feel that way on my buddies projector, but I've been using this tv for 4 years, I've done just fine on black ops and mw3 both of which I used this tv with. I just didn't have the stereo set up when I owned those games.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The first DLC has been announced Xbox release on Jan 29th Hydro--This large map allows you to use the dam and water to your advantage to block paths and stop enemies. Downhill--A medium-sized map based in the French Alps complete with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge. Grind--Set within the locale of the Venice, California boardwalk, this small skate park map is sure to deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action. Mirage--This Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilises sand dunes to provide different levels of elevation and a sanctuary in the centre as a natural chokepoint. Zombies - Die Rise--The Zombie apocalypse has invaded China, turning down town into a dilapidated and dangerous MC Escher painting. Peacekeeper SMG--This impressive sub-machine gun fills the open weapon slot in your load-out with power and accuracy.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
For those that don't know yet, it is double XP weekend. I'm working on my master prestige. Just about there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks