What's new

Pre-Order Call Me By Your Name (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91RC7CwaxwL._SY679_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

bjmusic

Auditioning
Real Name
Brennan
Agreed - Timothee Chalomet was incredible. So glad he got a nomination. The movie would not have been the same without him.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
They had become each other that summer.

And long after every forked road in life had done its work this would always be true. Their lives scarcely touched in those weeks together, but they had crossed to the other side, where time stops and heaven reaches down to earth and gives us that ration of what is from birth divinely ours.

They could look the other way and speak of everything but, they would always know.
They had found the stars, Elio and Oliver. And this is given once only.

--taken from the production script, intended as narration, not used in the final film.
Ordered using the link. Thanks, Ron.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
gYGTmSbdjb5TmmUylhK5Yd5FyHHF2Sil6xMsnQUutkOPUkPuqdhJIRtI-vuQRxhe5SsZ4tCZlvzGe6SXNxbmxYn6RPX5TkbTmiDnh3-OQTsgWFRgJ7pQ49PHyImRC7T_Vgrxp1k9jdaPymF0j-2c-RRuxAUyROi5VRL7OTI=s0-d-e1-ft

H3rXVhrpz7NtwwEzdJo3aJ0WzSTojsRN0qrOcuBwkNebTta_mYzKDXgii7gdxGHjPWkYVBq7VAu4zuO4c7T9Vhl9FSjl7RLCVVS0dsFz8fQ_lPkrEst3JodEN5Y_vnY_xHVwBCPaKYFlqrhWVlFCncIAXjgsvGKk2H9ajdk=s0-d-e1-ft

zhqrM_Uzw78artlTR3UGR75o7_AiW2rdARKARfwUCoABwZq1lbTSZqDIUUdXZA4JwCaD2wVHOVE_t5aHPFfActvCPeda08X2lWI-sZCLw125VflvGDozS-HwibfikLqmyBPzMCaK84DIzHxII1h8KBYyQ7p3jir0X4jw1lU=s0-d-e1-ft

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“KNOCKOUT” ~ Chris Nashawaty, EW

“MASTERPIECE”
~ David Edelstein, VULTURE - Rex Reed, OBSERVER - Sara Stewart, NEW YORK POST -
Samuel R Murrian, PARADE - Christy Lemire, ROGEREBERT.COM

“*****”
~ Joshua Rothkopf, TIME OUT - Patrick Gamble, CINEVUE -
Sam Adams, BBC - Jordan Hoffman, THE GUARDIAN

NOT TO BE MISSED” ~ Sara Stewart, NEW YORK POST

Nominated for Four Academy Awards®:
Best Picture, Best Actor (Timothée Chalamet), Best Adapted Screenplay & Original Song

CALL ME BY YOUR NAME

Directed by Luca Guadagnino
and Starring Armie Hammer, Timothée Chalamet & Michael Stuhlbarg

On Digital February 27 and on Blu-ray™ & DVD March 13,
Including Two Featurettes, Audio Commentary
and a Music Video for the Oscar® Nominated Song “Mystery of Love”

CULVER CITY, Calif. (January 29, 2018) – One of the year’s most acclaimed films, nominated for four Academy Awards®, including Best Picture and Best Actor and named the #1 best reviewed limited released movie on Rotten Tomatoes for 2017 with an adjusted 105.9% score, CALL ME BY YOUR NAME debuts on digital February 27 and on Blu-ray™ and DVD March 13 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Directed by Luca Guadagnino (A Bigger Splash), the romantic drama stars Armie Hammer (The Social Network) and Timothée Chalamet (Lady Bird) in a sensual and transcendent tale of first love, based on the bestselling novel by André Aciman. CALL ME BY YOUR NAME also stars Michael Stuhlbarg (The Shape of Water), Amira Casar (Saint Laurent) and Esther Garrel (Camille Rewinds).

In addition to its four Oscar® nominations, CALL ME BY YOUR NAME was named one of the Best Movies of the Year with an AFI Award from the American Film Institute. It was also nominated for three Golden Globes®, including Best Picture, and received a nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role (Chalamet) at the Screen Actor Guild Awards®. The film also received the most nominations of any film at the Film Independent Spirit Awards with six nominations, including Best Feature, Director, Male Lead and Supporting Actor.

The digital, Blu-ray and DVD releases of CALL ME BY YOUR NAME include the music video for the Oscar nominated song “Mystery of Love,” by Sufjan Stevens as well as audio commentary and two featurettes. In the insightful commentary, Timothée Chalamet and Michael Stulhbarg give a master class in the actor’s process as they discuss bringing their characters to life and their fond memories of making the film. Armie Hammer, Timothée Chalamet, Michael Stuhlbarg and Luca Guadagnino discuss the film’s artistic mastery and superb storytelling in the featurette “Snapshots of Italy: The Making of Call Me By Your Name.” Spend an evening with the exceptional cast for a candid Q&A about their experiences in telling this moving, beautiful and thought provoking film in “In Conversation with Armie Hammer, Timothée Chalamet, Michael Stuhlbarg & Luca Guadagnino.”

Synopsis:
It’s the summer of 1983 in Italy, and Elio Perlman (Timothée Chalamet), a precocious 17-year-old, spends his days in his family’s villa transcribing and playing classical music and reading. Elio’s sophistication and intellectual gifts suggest he is already a fully-fledged adult, there is much that yet remains innocent and unformed about him.

One day, Oliver (Armie Hammer), a charming American scholar arrives as the annual summer intern tasked with helping Elio’s father, an eminent professor. Amid the sun-drenched splendor of the setting, Elio and Oliver discover the heady beauty of awakening desire over the course of a summer that will alter their lives forever.

Based on the novel by Andre Aciman, CALL ME BY YOUR NAME was directed by Luca Guadagnino with a screenplay by James Ivory. The film was produced by Peter Spears, Luca Guadagnino, Emilie Georges, Rodrigo Teixeira, Marco Morabito, James Ivory and Howard Rosenman and executive produced by Derek Simonds, Tom Dolby, Margarethe Baillou, Francesco Melzi d'Eril, Naima Abed, Nicholas Kaiser, Sophie Mas and Lourenço Sant'Anna

Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Exclusive Bonus Materials Include:
  • Two Featurettes:
    • “Snapshots of Italy: The Making of Call Me By Your Name
    • “In Conversation With Armie Hammer, Timothée Chalamet, Michael Stuhlbarg & Luca Guadagnino”
  • Commentary with Timothée Chalamet & Michael Stuhlbarg
  • Music Video for “Mystery of Love” by Sufjan Stevens
CALL ME BY YOUR NAME has a run time of approximately 131 minutes and is rated R for sexual content, nudity and some language.

Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
“Golden Globes®”, “Hollywood Foreign Press Association®” and “Golden Globe®” statuette design mark are the registered trademarks and service marks and the Golden Globe® statuette the copyrighted property, of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
“The Actor®”, “Screen Actors Guild Awards®”, The SAG Awards™ and “Screen Actor®” are registered trademarks of Screen Actors Guild™.

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well we finally have release dates. Since the Blu won’t be out before the Academy Awards and I hate going to theaters, I guess I’ll have to get the digital version first. I imagine the digital will be purchase only and the rental option won’t be available until March 13th.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Since the Blu won’t be out before the Academy Awards and I hate going to theaters, I guess I’ll have to get the digital version first.

This rant is not against you personally, Mark, but your post is symptomatic of a problem for the theater industry, especially on smaller films such as this, in terms of shrinking windows depressing theatrical attendance.

I know that it opened on an extremely limited basis on November 24, so February 27 and March 13 for digital and disc would make sense under normal circumstances. But this thing didn't widen to play in most markets until January 19, so effectively that is like a six-week or so window between the major theatrical push and the digital version, and only two months between theatrical and disc. It hasn't even been playing here for two weeks yet, and here, already, is the announcement telling people when to expect the disc.

I don't understand why theater owners aren't ticked off about this. The shorter the window becomes, the more they're sending the message that it's okay to skip the theater because the movie you want to see will be available right away in the home.

I did not like this film very much personally. But it was gorgeously filmed, and I am glad I saw it in a theater on a huge screen and was able to soak up the sensational photography of Italy. It wouldn't have quite the same impact if I watched it at home on my TV.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I did not like this film very much personally. But it was gorgeously filmed, and I am glad I saw it in a theater on a huge screen and was able to soak up the sensational photography of Italy. It wouldn't have quite the same impact if I watched it at home on my TV.
That’s why you need a projector with a 10 foot screen in your house! :) I know you weren’t addressing me personally, but I love watching in the privacy of my home theater and Sony should be happy that I’m buying the film twice, once on digital and then on Blu-ray. I’m sorry if theater owners have to suffer because of it. :(

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I love watching in the privacy of my home theater and Sony should be happy that I’m buying the film twice, once on digital and then on Blu-ray.

You've hit the nail on the head right there. Sony is getting your money whether you see it in the theater or whether you buy it, so, they don't really care which venue you use. They don't see a correlation between damaging theater attendance and themselves having a problem, because they get paid either way and lack the foresight to understand that a problem for the theater industry is also a problem for them. If you have a high-end home theater system, which it sounds like you do, I totally understand why you would make the choice to wait, but theaters need to find ways to seem compelling enough to convince people like you to come back.

This is kind of a sidebar since none of this is really relevant to this particular film, but it does raise some interesting points about the future of the film business as a business.

I understand that you want to see the film before the Oscars, which makes sense, but are you sure you're going to like it enough to feel that two purchases are warranted? I didn't love it. It was well-made and good, I don't think it was anywhere near a bad movie or anything, but I would not personally be compelled to revisit it with enough frequency to justify a purchase. That's also, honestly, part of why I like the theater, because I can go and pay a nominal amount to watch something one time without having to commit $20+ to having it in my collection perpetually if I don't end up loving it.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
but are you sure you're going to like it enough to feel that two purchases are warranted?
I'm a huge fan of the book. I am really confident that the filmmakers will have done it justice.
That's also, honestly, part of why I like the theater, because I can go and pay a nominal amount to watch something one time without having to commit $20+ to having it in my collection perpetually if I don't end up loving it.
The way I look at it, I can spend $20-$30 for theater tickets (I would bring my husband along, of course) or use that $20 to buy a Blu-ray and then have unlimited viewing ability.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm a huge fan of the book. I am really confident that the filmmakers will have done it justice.

Oh, then yes, absolutely. I didn't read the book, but I can't imagine you'd be disappointed. I entered it simply as a film, and appreciated the craftsmanship of it, but jut didn't take to it on a personal level. Since you already are invested, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Do you think this could come eventually from Criterion?
i would be willing to wait. Especially if some deleted scenes I've heard about will be included.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Do you think this could come eventually from Criterion?
I would be willing to wait. Especially if some deleted scenes I've heard about will be included.
The director is going to be holding back most of the hour-plus of deleted scenes to use in the event that he makes sequels and they will be the flashbacks. The one involving Elio's parents in the only confirmed deleted scene, but I am sure there will be others that Luca does not worry about wanting to employ in later films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation156
Recent bookmarks