What's new

California Split on Nov. 2? (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
That explains it, however unsatisfactory the compromise (and what reads as a rather cavalier attitude on Altman's part toward his own work). But the packaging really should have an "edited for home video" disclaimer, or the "modified for home video" card should come up before the film begins. At least the repertory prints will continue to do brisk business.

In my dreamlife, a filmmaker in the same situation goes online and says, "I'm in a bind with this film. I need X amount to bring it out on DVD in its original form. If you contribute, we'll put your name up on a closing credits crawl." I'd do it.

Of course, it doesn't help that SPLIT is owned by Columbia, the third-rate bottom-feeder among Hollywood studios. A WB might have tried to resolve the issues. At least the remaining film is in its OAR, with a commentary track.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know whether the original uncut version has been released on DVD anywhere else in the world, e.g. Japan or Korea?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The Basketball Jones cartoon is definitely still in the DVD version of Being There.

Right, because Sony is always releasing films with altered soundtracks to save a buck. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks