California Audio Labs?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Michael Osadciw, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw Screenwriter

Michael Osadciw
    Hi guys

I'm taking a wild guess that California Audio Labs is no longer in business. I was trying to find info on some of their products. I've done searches on them and was unable to come up with a website...although I also can't seem to find anything saying they are out of business either.

Based on the fact that I haven't heard about any new product from them I'm assuming they are no longer in business.

I was doing some reading on their surround processor they released several years back and it seems like a good piece.

If they are out of business, that is a shame. I liked their approach at building the surround processor...it's so hard to find a decent one to suit my audio tastes...they are all the same inside!

Mike

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

I know little about them myself, but they made excellent products. I wished I could have afforded them then.
    I am pretty sure that they are out of buisness, as I read an Adcom review on "Secrets" website and the header said that some of the design team has moved over to Adcom.
    You can read the little blurb here...
    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...r-11-2004.html

It was a surprise to see the Adcom player do so poorly.

3. Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw Screenwriter

Michael Osadciw

You are right...

Mike

4. bob falfa

bob falfa Auditioning

so may i ask a ? is a older cal like a cl-10 {yeah i have one} as good or better than the pre buyout adcom player ? and is the adcom line now better after the CAL input?? here's why just might need a new one in the near future so just checking with someone who's been around adcom more then i have... my cl-10 is above the few adcoms i've heard but this is not saying much since i've only heard 2-3 units....