What's new

calibration (1 Viewer)

gerald jones

Auditioning
i just bought a Toshiba 42h82 love the set why would i need to get it calibrated.Will it make a big difference thanks chef jerry

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Get a calibration DVD, such as AVIA, to set the TV to the proper levels and achieve accurate video playback.

Ron S

Stunt Coordinator
Gerald,
I'm not familiar with your specific model, but can offer some general advice. RPTV's come "out of the box" with relatively inaccurate color and grayscale levels. Why that is is a topic for another thread :)
I have a Pioneer 533-HD5, which to my eyes seemed to have the best picture out of the box than any I was able to stack it up against at the time I purchased it. And I was extremely happy with the picture. Until I had it ISF'd, I didn't know what I was missing. Blacks are BLACK, colors are unbelieveably vivid, picture sharpness is crisp as can be.
I recommend you pursue an ISF calibration. Be careful who you choose, and discuss what features/tweaks will be performed for a given price.
Depending on where you live, you will have different options as to who to do the calibration. If possible for you, I highly recommend Gregg Loewen. He's on this board, and you can find him at Keohi as well. His pricing scheme is optimal, IMO. He does *everything* that should be done to obtain the best picture possible, and for a single price. Others have been known to separate their services, so that when adding it all up, it can come to quite a hefty sum. It's been several weeks since my ISF, and every time I watch a DVD, I'm still amazed by the accuracy and vibrancy of the colors, as well as the sharpness of the picture.
If I can gather enough time to write a "review" of the ISF, I will. Gregg certainly deserves it.
Hehe, longwinded... Short answer=Go for it! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks