Calibration the Washington DC area

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George Carlisle, Jan 22, 2002.

1. George Carlisle

I recently purchased a Pioneer 533 from Soundworks in Kensington, MD. They also offer calibration services, and claim to have attended ISF training. Anyone had any experience with them in this regard?

2. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

Can't say that I've heard of them, but that doesn't mean they're not good. Go to http://www.imagingscience.com and find local calibrators. I just had Chuck Williams do my XBR, and he's fantastic.
    -Erik

3. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

Soundjerks in Kensington? I wouldn't let them in my home, let alone setup a TV properly. I think Chuck is a much better choice and it looks like you've contacted Gregg also.

4. George Carlisle

Bill -- I don't know what Soundworks did to p*ss you off, but you might be right, about the setup part anyway. I asked the guy if he did focus as part of the service. His response was that it usually isn't needed because, unlike front projectors which are variable distance from screen, everything related to focus in RPTV is an enclosed box and should be set uniformly accurately in the factory.