What's new

Calibration Question?? (1 Viewer)

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
Most people recommend calibrating with any type of sound processing turned off. However if I turn my DSP off on my Yamaha 5440 I do not get sound from my "effects" (rear) speakers.

What setting should be used to calibrate? (5CH Stereo??)

Thanks,

Steve

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
What are you calibrating with Steve? Your receiver's internal test tones or a test DVD such as Avia or Video Essentials? If the Yamaha has internal tones, and I'll assume it does, you should be getting pink noise on all 5 channels suitable for level matching with an SPL meter.

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
Using Sound and Vision Home Theater Tune-Up. This does not happen when I use the internal test tones. From reading much on this forum I assumed disc would be better, than ran into this shut of DSP problem. Even on 5ch stereo I do not get tones to my rears so I guess I'll just have to select a DSP to use for calibration??

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
I'll just have to select a DSP to use for calibration??
Right again! Make sure when you first select your DVD input that it's Pro Logic (not Enhanced), and the display reads DVD/LD AUTO.

FYI: REF Calibration SPL for Sound&Vision = 85 dB (same as AVIA)

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks