What's new

Calibration Question (1 Viewer)

RayM

Agent
I have a Parts Express Sound Level Meter...
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=390-750

After reading through the pamphlet/manual that came with it I discovered that it gives readings based on "A weighting" instead of the recommend "C weighting" that's supposed to be used for proper HT calibration.

Can I still use this meter with an alternative method for calibration or just purchase the Radio Shack meter?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
A weighting means that the meter if heavily rolled off in the bass. You can use it for normal main channel balance, but not for the sub level.

I would just return it and get the RS meter if you plan to use it to dial in the sub. The RS will do A or C weighting, plus, their are correction factors published in the HTF Software Archieve which are helpful if you want to use test tones to plot your room frequency response.

BGL

RayM

Agent
I see...
I bought the PE meter because at the time Radio Shack didn't have theirs in stock and they don't ship to AK off their website. Oh well, I'll just get the RS one. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks