What's new

Calibration problem with my Panny XR50 (1 Viewer)

Edward_M

Agent
When I try to setup each level for the speakers, I can't or I don't see Left Front and Right Front as an option. All I see is Center, Left Surround, Right Surround and Subwoofer. The only thing I am thinking about is maybe it's because for the Left Front and Right Front I am using the SPEAKER A connections which has the binding posts for the banana plugs. Would using SPEAKER B connections fix this problem? Shouldn't it be a non-issue with regards to using SPEAKER A or SPEAKER B connections? Anyone with XR50 encountered this problem? I just wanted to confirm before I try to remove the banana plugs and instead put flat pin connectors on my LF and RF speaker wires.

darrylCHER

Stunt Coordinator
On my 3 year old Sony that I had, I had to use the "balance" control to calibrate the front left to the front right. And the center and surrounds and sub were calibrated to them, as if the left/right is "0"

So on my Sony I had the "balance" control centered for the left/right speakers and the center was +2db and the surrounds were like +1db and +2db and the sub was -3db.

I hope that made sense.

Maybe your receiver is like my old Sony?? On my new Yamaha, I can adjust the level of any speaker and it's a ton easier to calibrate. (gotta love YPAO)

Darryl

Dale B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Edward. I had the xr-45 and a technics receiver and both were just like you said. The fronts can not be adjusted, just the center, rears and subwoofer. I guess the fronts are pre set and all the others can be set to match the fronts. Why, I don't know.

darrylCHER

Stunt Coordinator
Again, you can use the balance control to level out the left and right speaker if you have a big enough difference in SPL (2db or higher) between the two.

Darryl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.