Calibration problem with my Panny XR50

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Edward_M, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Edward_M

Edward_M Agent

When I try to setup each level for the speakers, I can't or I don't see Left Front and Right Front as an option. All I see is Center, Left Surround, Right Surround and Subwoofer. The only thing I am thinking about is maybe it's because for the Left Front and Right Front I am using the SPEAKER A connections which has the binding posts for the banana plugs. Would using SPEAKER B connections fix this problem? Shouldn't it be a non-issue with regards to using SPEAKER A or SPEAKER B connections? Anyone with XR50 encountered this problem? I just wanted to confirm before I try to remove the banana plugs and instead put flat pin connectors on my LF and RF speaker wires.

2. darrylCHER

darrylCHER Stunt Coordinator

On my 3 year old Sony that I had, I had to use the "balance" control to calibrate the front left to the front right. And the center and surrounds and sub were calibrated to them, as if the left/right is "0"

So on my Sony I had the "balance" control centered for the left/right speakers and the center was +2db and the surrounds were like +1db and +2db and the sub was -3db.

I hope that made sense.

Maybe your receiver is like my old Sony?? On my new Yamaha, I can adjust the level of any speaker and it's a ton easier to calibrate. (gotta love YPAO)

Darryl

3. Dale B

Dale B Stunt Coordinator

Hi Edward. I had the xr-45 and a technics receiver and both were just like you said. The fronts can not be adjusted, just the center, rears and subwoofer. I guess the fronts are pre set and all the others can be set to match the fronts. Why, I don't know.

4. darrylCHER

darrylCHER Stunt Coordinator

Again, you can use the balance control to level out the left and right speaker if you have a big enough difference in SPL (2db or higher) between the two.

Darryl