What's new

Calibration DVDs (1 Viewer)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
I was advised to purchase a calibratoin DVD like Avia or Video Essentials so I looked them up on the web. I saw somewhere that Video Essentials is no longer in production, but you can still buy it at amazon.com but while I was there I saw a Digital Video Essentials which is for pre orders. Should I wait for this, or go ahead and get video essentials eventhough it is a earlier print?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Jut wait for the new video essentials. Avia is a very userfriendly choice, if you can rent it go ahead.
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
The only thing that concerns me is the amount of content on the DVD. VE and AVIA are both around $40, and this new disc is going for $18 at amazon. Any ideas for the price difference?

Matt Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
Andy,
Double check me because I'm not positive but I think I remember reading that the new VE digital works in addition to the regular VE, that it's not a replacement for the original.
Again, I'm not 100% sure but check it out.
For what it's worth I have VE and other than the difficult menus it does a great job, definitely worth $18 IMO.
patriot.gif

------------------

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
If you're waiting on DVE.. you're gonna hafta wait until sometime in 1st Q of '02 according to a news release on thedigitalbits.
------------------
--RR

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks