What's new

Calibration Disks (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
THX Optimizer: FREE on any THX DVD. :)

What kind of system are trying to tweak? Small TV, big TV?, older stereo, newer? DVD?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
...and only calibrates the set for the movie on the disc. You would have to do this for every movie you watch. Which kinda defeats the point of standards.

The THX Optimizer is possibly the stupidest idea I have seen in this hobby.

I used Video Essential last night for the first time in 3 years. What a nightmare. Horrid interface. DVE might be better, dunno.

--
H

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

Far from it...

When I used it I realized my speakers were out of phase and low and behold it was because I had some wires reversed on my front speakers. Problem was solved and it was all due to the Optimizer.

I bet you I could use the Optimizer to set up my "HT" and if someone came by with their Avia and SPL, the setting I chose by ear/eye would almost match the settings the pricier discs and SPL recommended.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I'm not going to get into the THX thing, it's a mess.

I recommend Avia or DVE, they are well worth your money. A fundamental requirement for even trying to call anything a HT is calibration, especially for video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks