What's new

calibration disk (1 Viewer)

Reza_A

Grip
are the filters ALWAYS included when you purchase a new AVIA DVD Setup even through e-tailer?

StuartW

Auditioning
I got Avia (the full version) from DVDPlanet and it included the filters. I would be surprised if anyone took them out; they're hardly expensive-looking items!

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Although the color filters are not expensive, they have to be the right shades of red, green, and blue, which I don't know.
The filters are fundamentally the same material they use for theater stage lighting, and the latter filters come in more than a hundred different shades of colors.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Mark Gurney

Stunt Coordinator
What are the major differences between the Avia and the Sound and Vision discs (besides cost of course)?

Vin

Supporting Actor
What are the major differences between the Avia and the Sound and Vision discs (besides cost of course
I've calibrated my system using Video Essentials and an SPL meter to 75dB. With my VE calibrated system as my control, I played the test tones on the new S&V disc and found them to be inconsistent.....this is the same problem others have found with the test tones (as being discussed in the other calibration thread) from their receiver. BTW, I also found the tones on my Kenwood VR-507 to be off.
Also, as Vince explained in the other thread, if you use Avia, you would calibrate to 85dB.....again, I'm not sure what the deal is with the new S&V disc (by Avia) but when tested against my VE calibrated system, they seem to be off, i.e., they're not 75dB, 85dB or any other level that I could determine with any consistency among the 6 channels.
While we're on the subject, I've also played back the Optimode tones on Fight Club and found them to be accurate at 75dB for each channel. I've also done this with The Phantom Menace and found that those tones have been recorded at 80dB for all 6 channels.....again, this is using my VE calibrated system as a control. For anyone interested, you can find more information on Optimode here.
Hope this helps,
Vin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks