Calibration disc for PAL

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Steven Brent, May 22, 2005.

1. Steven Brent

Steven Brent Extra

Does anyone know if the calibration discs for video have both PAL and NTSC on them?

Am I correct in assuming that a TV calibrated for one format would not be calibrated for the other? Can you calibrate for both and save the settings as different user profiles or something similar?

I watch about 50/50 PAL and NTSC. I've got an old Sony CRT, but I'll probably upgrade to an InFocus or similar projector in about a year.

Thanks
    Steve

2. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Supporting Actor

Mikael Söderholm
    I don't know of any calibration disc with PAL and NTSC on the same disc, but Digital Video Essentials (DVE) is available in two versions, PAL and NTSC. Sooner or later, you will buy both [​IMG].

As far as I know, you are correct. However, I have calibrated for PAL only (I will buy an NTSC DVE in the future), and NTSC discs look pretty good as well, much better than before...
    If you can have different calibrations on the same device depends on the device. My projector (Panasonic AE700) has three user settings, my TV has only one...

3. Steven Brent

Steven Brent Extra

Thanks for your advice. I've decided to buy both now. The PAL was harder to find than the NTSC while I'm in the States, but I found it at Overstock.com for a very good price.

4. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Supporting Actor

Mikael Söderholm
    I got mine from DVD Pacific, they have both in stock, and a good price as well.