Calibration by Loewen

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hunter, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Hunter

Hunter Stunt Coordinator

Last weekend I was able to benefit from a road trip currently in process by ISF calibrationist Gregg Loewen. Arriving on/ahead of schedule and fully equipped, including paper and pen, he spent several quality hours on my Toshiba 65H80 RPTV.
    This forum is filled with favorable comments about Gregg's work. I now understand the reasons why and add my praise to the list.
    This is the most recent of several such calibrations performed on my set, by different parties. Gregg's work included items not performed by any other people, items that were adjusted differently, and items that were a reinforcement/restoring of previous work. In each case Gregg's efforts produced results that were clearly helpful and superior to prior work.
    The result is a picture that is noticeably improved and worth every bit of time, effort, and money that was enlisted. If you have the opportunity I would encourage you to enlist his services if you any interest in deriving the best picture from your CRT setup.
    You might want to keep the pet turtles and rats in the other room, however ...
    [​IMG]

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hunter, thanks for the kind words!!

BTW, it was more than several hours :)

For others: Hunter had a great set up that revolved around his MUSE HiDef LD player. We did a lot of playing and testing including using his Iscan line doubler and Toshiba PS DVD player. The time was both educational and enjoyable.

Enjoy the set!!

Regards

Gregg

3. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Have any pictures for us?
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]

4. Hunter

Hunter Stunt Coordinator

Sorry, I don't have any pictures. The household hasn't quite reached that state of technological capability ...
    Please take my word as a (way) long-time audio and video devotee: the results are VERY good.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]