What's new

Calibration by Gregg Loewen (1 Viewer)

TimothyB

Grip
I just dropped Gregg off at the airport after having my Tosh 50H81 calibrated. For those of you out there who are wavering over whether to get it done, or if it will be worth the money, I am here to tell you to GO FOR IT! It is the best money I have spent on my set.
The difference in viewing it out of the box and after Gregg tweaked it is nothing short of astounding. I am seeing detail that was just not there before. There are intricacies buried in the shadows that were not visible before. I cannot recommend his work highly enough, and it is not just because Gregg is a nice guy. It is because he obviously knows what he is doing.
Stop what you are doing right now and go to Gregg's site at Link Removed and sign up for a calibration. Don't think twice about it. You will thank me and thank Gregg when he gets done, I assure you!
Timothy
P.S.
Thanks, Gregg!!!!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Your one of the lucky ones, I can't get the member's here to ante up to get it. How many other people did he do where you are.

TimothyB

Grip
Gregg, did mine and two others. The fourth person blew him off at the last minute. I suggested to Gregg that he should start charging more for a deposit, because he has been japped on a few too many times lately. He gets his plane ticket and then, sometimes after he gets to the destination, they cancel on him. If he asks for more of a deposit, people will be less likely to bail out on him at the last second.

Anyways, my son and I just finished watching Training Day, and we were totally blown out of the water at the difference the calibration has made to the picture. Ya gotta see it to believe it! Just do it!!!!!

Timothy

Thik Nongyow

Stunt Coordinator
A few weeks ago, I did requested a calibration from Mr. Loewen for my Samsung TXM2797HF in November, but is this a good time of the year? Would it be better to have the calibration done next month? Any suggestions?

Dennis F

Grip
I have to second everything Timothy said about Gregg. He did my Mitts 73" on the same trip. He also went out of his way to help me set up my system. Re wire everything adjust all the levels we worked on it all day Saturday. WHAT A DIFFERENCE (WOW)

Thanks So Much Gregg.
Dennis

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
I've got an appointment with Gregg to calibrate my Toshiba 57HX81 in late September when he comes to the Minneapolis/St Paul area for the CEDIA convention. Ron Epstein convinced me to get in touch with Gregg and I couldn't be happier that I did just that. Already, over the phone, I was impressed with Gregg. He knows his stuff and enjoys what he does. His enthusiasm is greatly appreciated and I very much am looking forward to late September!

TimothyB

Grip
Thik, if I were you I would sign up on Gregg's site the sooner the better. Gregg said that this is the slower part of the year and he anticipates getting very busy fairly soon. Check out his website. I think there are some tours already set up. Maybe you could get in on one.

Timothy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks