Calibrating

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JimmyAGR, Nov 14, 2002.

1. JimmyAGR

JimmyAGR Auditioning

Hi,

I want to calibrate my HT and am wondering which is better, and easier to use,AVIA or Video essentials? Where is the best place to buy it?

Thanks, Jimmy

2. norman_maclean

no one has opinions on this?

I would also like to calibrate my system and would like the best method...links to other threads you know of perhaps? I have searched but so far not found anything to great..

3. Annette F

Annette F Auditioning

If you know of a GOOD local hi-fi dealer, you may consider using their technician for a house call. They were about $70 per hour but just a calibration would not take very long. In addition to first-rate calibration with little hassle, I got some great advice and other assistance in snaking some speaker cable, etc. Everything was already hooked up but I had them calibrate my dvd, pre-amp, and subwoofer, intstall a remote trigger switch to my amp, set speaker distances, and sound levels. He also tweaked my tv picture. I personally wanted it done right with little fuss. He also noticed a hookup mistake that was affecting my sound. I did not have to invest in a SPL meter and test disc. Especially in the context of the many thousands I spent on my system, it was money very well spent! Just another option to consider.

Annette