What's new

Calibrating Toshiba TW40H80 (1 Viewer)

Rad_B

Auditioning
Hi,
I am trying to adjust sharpness on my Toshiba TW40H80 projection TV set. When the set got calibrated 3 years ago by an expert, I watched him when he did all the stuff. After all this time, the picture lost a bit of sharpness, so I'm trying to adjust the guns myself (don't have much cash at the moment to pay for another calibration :). The levers on the back of the guns don't want to move, and I don't want to mess something up.
If any of you have experience with this kind of TV, I would really appreciate some help. please let me know...
Sincerely,
Rad
www.radstudio.com

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Do you mean the focus?

For mechanical focus, I believe there is a bit of a swivel-lever type thing on the front you need to move (it's screwed down to set it in place) You need to adjust that you each gun. You need to use strings in order to move it so you can actually see the screen.

There is also electrical focus. If memory serves, that's behind the right speaker grill. Be careful, there are two sets of dials. One is focus. You can do this. The other will mess up the color decoder, I think.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just going on memory, and I've never made these adjustments myself!

If you did mean sharpness.. um.. that's in the user menu!

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
If you don't clean the insides of your set at least every year or so, try dusting the lenses and the mirror. Build up of dust inside the set will cause the exact eventual loss of sharpness you describe. Cleaning the insides can make the picture look like a brand new set again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks