What's new

Calibrating Samsung TXL2791F (1 Viewer)

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
Thanks for all the help guys...I elected to go with the Samsung. I am in the process of calibrating it now and I am having difficulties. I am using a Sound and Vision step through which is Avia based and also the THX demos with my Phantom Menance dvd. The contrast is apparently one of the most important settings as all others are based upon it. However, call me stupid, but I am having difficulty with that particular test. There are five boxes of varying degrees of grey until the top, which is the whitest. If I am understanding the test correctly...I am told to adjust the contrast until the top box and the one below bleed into one another...until there is no line of distinction...then, set it just below that setting. However... I have my contrast set to the top of the scale and the boxes never come to a point where they loose distinction. I have the color tone indicator set to "warm" as per instructions. What am I doing wrong? What further can be done?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I had trouble with that too. It didn't bleed until the contrast was set way too high. I played it safe and set my TXL2791F at 45 for contrast and 38 for brightness.

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
Thanks Dave! I have now managed to get into the extended menu for the Samsung.. accessed through pressing menu..1...8..2 and then power. However... there are two different settings for contrast...one listed as "sub contrast" and another as "RGB contrast". I have tried playing with both but I am still having problems getting the desired effect. Has anyone else fine tuned this model?

A.T.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I've only gone into the service menu once to take a look. I had no idea what the items were so i shut the set off before I could change anything. You cold try ordering the service manual but from what Joel has said it's not as helpful as hoped. I'm very happy with my set just adjusting in the user menu though(although I wish I could still reduce the level of red a bit without having to reduce the other colors). Good luck and I hope you enjoy your set!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks