Calibrating a Hit 51UWX20B

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Hunt, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Peter Hunt

Peter Hunt Stunt Coordinator

Hi there,

Last Saturday I recieved a Hitachi 51UWX20B and a Panny RP62 progressive player. I am pleased with the picture as it is leaps and bounds better then what I previously had. I had noticed some bleed, colours not as sharp and was hoping the component cables I had on order would fix this.

I got the cables last night and it made a huge difference on the reds. However I'm noticing a small blue halo. If I pull up the convergence grid for example I can see a slight blue bleed on hard edges. I have just done a "Magic Focus" and havn't really tried a manual tweaking as when I did it on one cross section it didn't seem to help.

I've calibrated it quickly with Avia but want to go through it slowly this weekend and make sure I'm doing it properly. While I am happy/impressed I don't know if I am maxing out the quality of my set. And thoughts/opinions?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Peter

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Peter,
    I dare say you may find a wider Hitachi users group at www.hometheaterspot.com
    Log-in is free but I think the one-man owner there is about to impose a $3 fee membership, FWIW.

3. Peter Hunt

Peter Hunt Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Bill,

I know there's a lot of Tosh users here but I didn't know about other brands. Thanks!