What's new

Calibrate Sammy DLP (1 Viewer)

*Luke*

Agent
What calibrations can be done to a Sammy DLP? I can't do it myself and really don't want to. How sensitive will these calibrations be to me moving the monitor around for cable connecting etc? If there are calibrations, I assume it is not cheap, are the differences worth it / noticeable? I obviously have a warranty, any chance I can get it covered through that? The local dealer will send out a service tech for any reason to check, the extended warranty even includes annual cleaning.

David Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
Luke,

The DLP's can still have a lot of work done to them. Contrast, brightness, color decoder, grayscale, color, tint, sharpness, basic geometry, ect... can all be set properly to help insure the most accurate picture. To do this your calibrator will need knowledge as well as the proper tools. A service technician will most likely not do this unless it is Chuck Williams ;) . Differences are definitely noticeable; however, how much of a difference is dependent on how critical a viewer you are - this can be subjective. All of these tweaks/adjustments should not be negated by moving the set to connect cables.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks