Calibrate a Sharp LCD Projector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Tennison, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I asked this before, prior to the recombining of the forums, so forgive if you've already read this.

I have a Sharpvision XV-H37UVA LCD projector. Over the past few years, it's obvious that the LCD panels have gone slightly out of alignment, causing a slight fuzzing of the picture. Nothing horrible, but enought that I notice it.

Has anyone had experience with having a projector like this one calibrated / re-aligned? Reading through the thread on everyone getting there RPTV's calibrated has made me kinda jealous.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    The first question I have for you is how much life is on the bulb? I also have a Sharp LCD with about 850 hours on it. I got brave one day, took the projector down and opened it in order to clean the LCD panels and do a general internal cleaning (bulb etc).

3. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Neil, I also got brave once, when I noticed several dust specks on the LCD panels. I took the unit down, used some dust free compressed air, and blew the inside out. Got rid of the dust dots. But, I fear that the air might have moved one of the panels, as it has always been slightly fuzzy since then. (I can't imagine that a light blowing of air would do this, but we are talking sensitve tolerances, so it may be possible).

As far as bulb life, I have no idea. There is no meter on the 37. I suspect I am nearing the end of the bulb life, as I have had it for a couple of years, but we only use it for movies, not day to day tv watching.