calculate the throw distance

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Art Harris, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Art Harris

Art Harris Auditioning

I am trying to figure the throw distance for a Sanyo PLV 60. Proj. Central doesn't show this one on their calculator. The specs are zoom= 1:1.3. f1.8-2.1. screen diagonal= 133". Throw 4.6' - 47'. How is the throw distance to the 133" (16x9) calculated?
    Art

2. PhilS

PhilS Stunt Coordinator

Art, I owned a PLV-60 for awhile, and it is virtually impossible to figure out the throw distance from the specs on the Sanyo web site. And some of the specs my not be right. The easiest way to find it is to go the The Big Picture Forum website, and look at their Sanyo forum. If you search there, you will find several threads wherein people were discussing the throw distance calculation for the PLV-60, and one or more posts have tables with the throw distance calculations.

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I could be totally wrong here, but I just checked out the sanyo plv-60 listed at projector central and they do have the calculator for throw distance. It's the sixth spec listed, after msrp, brightness, contrast, weight, and size.
    edit:
    My bad, the calculator is there, but it does not calculate for the sanyo plv-60.
    Jon
    [Edited last by Jon_B on August 25, 2001 at 01:34 AM]

4. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter