What's new

Cailbrating Stryke HE 15 Dual sub (1 Viewer)

Ken Lopata

Agent
Am I confused? My family room is done, I've moved my sub and I'm starting to re-calibrate it. This is my set-up.

I have a Sony TA-E9000ES for a pre/pro. When a speaker is set to small, each speaker can be set to a crossover from 20-120hz in 5 hz increments. The dual out on the Sony, goes to the dual in's on a Paradigm X30 crossover.I have the crossover set a 80hz and the phase set at 180 since my sub is now directly behind me and 180 degrees from my front speakers. The dual out's on the X30 go to the dual in's on a Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro. I was using all 12 registers in location #4 on the Destroyer Pro to get a very flat curve.

Sub - Stryke dual driver, dual v.c. HE15, 6 p.r. sub, driven by Crown K2 amp. Each voice coil can receive 1,250 watts.

2 Def. Tech 2002 for fronts, each has a 125 watt, 15" powered sub. I have these set to small and crossed over at 60hz. Def Tech CLR 2000 center crossed over at 70hz. Def. Tech. BP2X rears crossed over at 70hz.

Now the questions. Do I calibrate the sub with all other speakers off or on? Do I bypass the X30 when I do this? I've done this, then when I run the sub through the X30 and dial in 80hz for the crossover, readings from about 60hz on up are lower. What about leaving all my other speakers on. If I leave all my other speakers on when I do the calibration, all readings are different again then just with the sub on.

I'm thinking the best way would to calibrate with all speakers on and using the X30. Since this is the way I listen. Thanks for your help.

Vinny Petronio

Stunt Coordinator
I belive your right in setting with your speakers on Can you set to large maybe this will help or will that negate the sub?

Ken Lopata

Agent
Vinny, I keep my speakers small because Def. Tech says the BP2002 can go down to 20 hz, but in reality there is very little output below 30hz and the HE15 can do the lower octives a lot better. This frees up power for the upper octives in all the speakers.

Brian, thanks a lot for your thoughts. I'm using the X30 because of the phase control. With my sub now 180 degrees away from my mains, I thought this was what the phase control was for, to keep the sub in phase with the mains. According to your suggestion of not using the X30 as a crossover, I'll just crank it up to the max. 120hz, this should keep it out of the way of interfering with with any other of the lower frquencies. I will calibrate with all speakers going. I'm using the Stryke Basszone CD.

Thanks a lot

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks