Cahill: US Marshal on June 3!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_S_H, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    According to DVDFile, Cahill: US Marshall will be released on June 3, along with Chisum. Both are touted as having newly-remastered anamorphic transfers. Neither movie is "great," but I have a soft spot for Cahill. I dare say it's one of my favorite Wayne movies, even if it isn't, say, the Searchers.

Release of Operation Pacific is also mentioned, along with another title that seems to have been inadvertently left off the news update.

2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

perhaps dvdfile are referring to Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean with Paul Newman.
    [​IMG]

3. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

I have to say this is disappointing to me. I'm not trying to shit on any fans of these films but these are not (IMO) very good Westerns.
    This announcement is perplexing to me when Warner owns such top tier Westerns such as Naked Spur, Ride the High Country, Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid & Ballad of Cable Hogue among others. Looks like I'll just have to cross my fingers for another year. [​IMG]

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    The Jimmy Stewart westerns would take precedence over these, but I do like Cahill. [​IMG]
    "You'd even shoot a dead man!"

5. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

I think Cahill is one of John Wayne's weaker films, although it's not because of The Duke's acting nor Elmer Bernstein's score. Still, I'll be picking it up. Chisum is not a great film by any means, but I've always liked it, so I'll definitely buying it as well.

Now if only they'd release Big Jake, one of my favorite John Wayne films, I'd be tremendously happy.