What's new

Cadillac CTSi - V8, Fall 2003 (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
You guys have forgotten to mention the car that casued Cadillac to create the CTS, the Lincoln LS.

Car and Driver has continued to rate the LS over the CTS time and again for handling, refinement, quality and styling.

The LS V8 Sport is an amazing vehicle. While I have not driven the CTS, I have driven the LS and I am All smiles.
Others and I have talked ad nauseum about this comparison, and the LS is not in the same class as the CTS mainly based on pricing and engine offerings...

Motor Trend pits the LS up against the Infiniti M45. Car and Driver calls the LS a "magnificent not-quite" which pins it up against the A6, BMW 5, GS300, Mercedes E Class, M45, and Jag S-type. Excluding the CTS-V, all these rides offer a V8 (most come with a standard V6), are typically a little larger than the CTS, and fall in the mid $40k price range. The CTS is a magnificent something else...it's large for a small car, it's in the mid $30k range, and it doesn't offer a V8 (again, remember, the V is a horse of a different color and is even less comparable to the so called magnificent not-quites). In fact, the CTS is sorta in a class of it's own. It's between a BMW 3 and 5, A4 and A6, ES300 and GS300, C and E Class, I35 and M45. The point being, the LS should not be compared to the CTS let alone the LS V8! It's like comparing a Ford Ranger 4cyl to a Dakota V8. Pick on someone your own size, Ford!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks