1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Cabling question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Kevin*H, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Kevin*H

Kevin*H Stunt Coordinator

I was thinking of upgrading my audio cables between my satellite receiver and RPTV, I disconnected them and found I was still receiving audio through my RPTV so I was wondering are these cable redundant and where was the audio was coming from? my satellite cable goes through a surge protector into the Satellite IN connection on the back of the Satellite receiver, thanks in advance for any help

2. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

You are apparently running a coax (cable) connection from the receiver to the tv. If so, that is the worst quality connection. If your satellite box has an svideo line out, you should run that connection to your tv, along with the left and right audio lines. Get rid of the coax connection.

3. Kevin*H

Kevin*H Stunt Coordinator

I do have a S-Video cable from the satellite to the RPTV
    I also have a coax cable connecting the 75Ohm VHF/UHF on the RPTV to the TV Out on the VCR and a coax cable connecting the Antenna In of the VCR with the TV Set Out on the Satellite Receiver and the cable tv coax goes to the TV cable input on the sat receiver at the end of the day the removal of the audio pair makes no difference to the sound, they might as well not be there. Is this a consequence of the cabling I have outlined?