What's new

Cablevision IO DVR.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
WAsn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it..

For a long while, I've been wondering what was so great about TIVO. Then, this morning, I got fed up for the last time when my ATI software started mucking up again. So, being down the Jersey Shore, I took a 40 minute walk into Seaside to the O Online Store, got the 8300 DVR HDTV box, walked back with that load, and got it installed...

So long as the power never goes out, this is great... I really will never miss a show again :)...Now I know what all the fuss is about...

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Wait until you discover it's bugs.

Not as bad as Dish DVR when I had it years ago, but it is a bit buggy.

Is nice to have tho!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you had the Dishplayer 7100 or 7200, then NOTHING is as bad. Yes, I owned one also and was part of the class action lawsuit against Dish.

-Robert

Rennie Cowan

Agent
Real Name
Lana Lang.
Never experienced anything buggy with the moxi entertainment center. You may want to look into a moxi. It does everything a Tivo can do, well basically you can get up to (over) 500 channels. It's kinda the same thing as a Tivo but you can also get an HD hook up for it in the back (if you have an HD TV, you can really enjoy this option). My cable company is Adelphia. Not sure if Adelphia is available in your area(s). They offer the moxi. My moxi is set to record at least five different shows and the hard drive is huge. However, once the hard drive gets full, it'll start dropping off the older recorded shows first. Never had any problems with recording (or bugginess) other than something called "digital tiling" and that was a programming problem with Adelphia. I also have my choice of the music channels and often leave my music channels on all day so that when I get home, I'm already listening to my favorite music (via in the living room...). High speed internet is also an option. My cable and internet is through Adelphia and now I've ventured into telephone internet service which has better reception than a regular telephone (in my opinion). So all of my communications in running through Adelphia (the moxi).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks