Cablevision HD in Northern NJ

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Daniel Kikin, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I've been debating whether to sign up for Cablevision's IO digital and HDTV cable service, just looking for opinions from anyone in Northern NJ who may have already on the quality of the programming and service, especially for the HDTV channels, before taking the leap.
    Thanks,

2. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    I reluctantly ordered the I/O package (because I intensely dislike Cablevision, but in No. NJ, its that or nothing if you want cable) but I am satisfied with it. I don't have an HDTV, but the picture quality of the digital cable is better than the standard. If I can answer any other questions, let me know.

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Thanks Sam, I feel the same way about Cablevision, but like you said, that's the only choice for cable where we are. The main reason I was asking is that I got a new LCD RPTV and as the channels go higher on standard cable, the picture quality gets progressively worse on that TV only, especially on the local sports networks like YES and MSG which are in the 70's. I want the HDTV programming anyway but I read that standard cable sometimes looks very fuzzy on larger TVs so I'm hoping upgrading to digital will help with that.

I know Cablevision is also coming out with a PVR soon so I may wait until then anyway but what you said helps.
    Thanks,