What's new

Cablevision and DVI boxes (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Has anyone walked into a Cablevision walk-in center and swapped there old hd box for the newer DVI ones ?....They want to charge me $30 for some guy to come to the house and connect this for me !!...Are they available for a simple exchange ?...(I'm in freehold,nj).

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Does anyone have there TV connected through DVI using the supplied cable box ?...If so, what are your opinions and was it worth the upgrade ?....I ordered a Belkin DVI cable from Dell.com for $40 shipped. I'm currently using Master Series A/R component cables for HD. Besides freeing up a component input on my TV, hopefully I'd see an improvement on analog channels.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Just had a Motorola 6200 DVi enabled cable box delivered last Saturday. I hooked it up to my plasma display using RF/coax, composite, S-video, component and finally DVI (all at different times :) ) The HD channels, obviously, only travel over the component or DVI inputs and I found the DVI to be noticeably better.....more 3-D and richer coloring. The digital channels and analog channels were defaulted to 480i and they too looked better over DVI than any of the mentioned inputs. The STB has an issue with its implementation of HDCP requiring it to be turned on last (after the TV) and off first or it loses the handshake, but the PQ is worth the annoyance.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks