What's new

Cables to pull (1 Viewer)

JayBru

Auditioning
I'm wiring a portion of my basement for a HT. I am wiring intending to have a front projection system with a 92" diagonal screen. The projector I am currently looking at is a Sanyo, the amplifier is a Denon. Ultimately I would like to hook my computer to all of this as well. One question I have is will the computer get run through the amp or directly to the projector and need its own cable?

Because it is an older home I have to place all my cables that run from the amp/receiver to the projector before I sheet rock the ceiling. I would like to have placed conduit in the ceiling for those cables but have determined that is not a possibility. I likely will have to place more cables than necessary in order to be sure I have adequate cables but am unsure as to what I should put in place. This technology changes so fast I am worried I won't put enough cable in place. At present I intend to run: component video, HDMI and a computer cable. Am I omitting something? Ideas? Thanks for your help.

StephenHa

Second Unit
run a cat 6 too (by the time it would be needed it may be obsolete, but maybe not), I would run a few rg6 cables plus a string that you can use to pull any new cables through if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks