cables for dish network receiver?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by charlie o, Feb 9, 2004.

1. charlie o

charlie o Stunt Coordinator

they are coming thursday to install the 811 hd box and a 311 box on my other tv. Do I need to buy some cables in advance so they dont charge me for cables I dont want? The 811 shows to have dvi outputs so should I buy a dvi cable or use component cables? Also I will need a digital audio cable, correct?

2. Chris Kampmann

I have the same issue charlie, I also ordered the 811 box and a 301, 20 bucks a month cheaper than cable. Fortunatly I have a inside connection to Dish Network. My dad distributes but he also doesn't know what kind of cables I need. I would love to hook it up through DVI on my new Samsung DLP. Just doesn't say how to hook up the audio? But if anyone does know about this that would be great. My Dad also says a surge protecter with the coaxical connection built into it would be a good investment. I would definitly go through ebay or something like that, Circuit City and Best Buy want way too much for those items and they must make a killing on profit for that stuff. Have fun with the new toy.
    Chris

3. charlie o

Thanks for the reply. Should I go buy a audio and a copmpnent cable before they come? Do they supply cables free of charge?

4. Neal_C

Neal_C Second Unit

Hey Charlie,

I am pretty sure you will need your own cables. You can hook up the 811 with either component or dvi and you will need an optical cable to pass the digital audio.

Neal

5. charlie o

cool. I will pick some up. I ordered a pb2+ last week. Thanks for letting me listen to yours.

6. Neal_C

Neal_C Second Unit

Very nice choice with the PB2+....you will enjoy [​IMG]