What's new

Cables, Cables, Cables... (1 Viewer)

MarkInKC

Grip
I am in the process of wiring my soon-to-be finished basement theater, and I need about a 35ft. Subwoofer cable. I don't like Monster, but I am looking for a quality cable at a reasonable price. I have been searching for the best price acame across this site...what do you think? Too good to be true?

Dean_S

Second Unit
Run a good quality RG6 cable and terminate yourself. This will emulate what many of the "good" internet cable vendors makes (like Blue Jeans) for a fraction of the cost.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I think Dean is right. Use some RG-6 or -59. You don’t need a high-end cable for a subwoofer send. If you don’t have a good-quality crimper for F-connectors, you can use twist-on connecters, with F-to-RCA converters to get to the sub.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John_RO

Stunt Coordinator
Just use some good quality coax cable and some RCA adapters from Rat Shack. Works fine.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Wow...

We have gone to the level of undercutting Blue Jeans and such - what next, we will see if we can undercut Parts Express and SVS?

:D

(I'm kidding, but am still a BIT serious)

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Yeah, I think bluejeans represents a pretty good value on the market, if you're not into making your own cables. It may not make sense for somebody to invest in the tools (even the cheap ones) when all they really need is one specialized cable (35 ft.). Bluejeans makes some good stuff that is cheaper than Monster.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I don’t get why more people don’t make their cables with soldered connections. $40 soldering iron and a few hand tools, and you’re in business.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Tommie

Agent
RG-6 is my choise, but I guess that it's relative ;)

Have you talked to any audio or speaker experts, because my best decitions about sound have come because of the excellent advices from the best companys.

Victor Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think the goal here is to undercut people. The posts above are honest and I agree with them. Why pay hard earned money for cables when you can make your own cables that are just as good for less money? If I could make a part that parts express sells for less money I would recommend people do that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks