Cable Stripper Settings For Canare L-5CFB and V*-5CFB

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Stephen Hopkins, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I'm getting ready to build some Canare cables using L-5CFB, V3-5CFB, and V5-5CFB cable and RCAP-5CFB connectors. I'm going to be using Paladin tools including their 3 blade economy stripper.

What I need to know is the cut depths for the three blades (I.E. conductor depth, inner shielding depth, outer shield depth). My cables/connectors arrived today and my tools are going to be here wednesday, so I'd like to have everything ready when they get here, including knowing the proper cut depths.

Also, what are the cut spacings... I.E. how far apart should the cuts be?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

Anybody? Please help, I get my tools tomorrow and I want to be prepared...

Also, does anyone know of a good place to buy heatshrink in Atlanta... everything Radio Shack has is too small for the outer jacket of the V3-5CFB and V5-5CFB.

3. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

Canare's stripper has the specific lengths. The depths can be set once you start with the cable. Set it so the cutter just gets thru each layer w/o scoring the next too much.

Pete

4. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

Anyone have any depth settings that would at least give me a good starting point?

Thanks

5. Ted Drain

Ted Drain Agent

The easiest way is just to try it. I think I used up about 6" of wire getting my radio shack stripper to the right specs. At $7 per stripper, I just get one for each cable type I'm building.