1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

cable signal amplifiers/boosters

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ThomasL, Apr 7, 2002.

1. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

This was sort of discussed piggyback on a separate thread but I'd like to ask everyone if you use a cable signal booster and if so, what brand/model do you use? And how well does it work? Did you do any before and after tests to see what the difference was?

thanks much,

--tom

2. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

I use a new Radio Shack amplifier. I don't recall the model number, but the packaging says that it is a new generation which can pass signals in both directions, making it suitable for cable modems and digital cable TV. I use it on my digital cable line. Without it, I get snowy analog channels and pixelating digital channels. With it, problem solved. I know may folks will say that it also amplifies noise, and others will say to call in your cable company if you have poor reception, but it's easy, cheap and works great!

3. Robert Cranwell

Robert Cranwell Stunt Coordinator

Try these out. Aska, Lindsay,Toner,Viewsonics,and Qintar are all favortes of the CATV Industry.

Rob

4. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Robert, do you have any specific models you can recommend? What I'd like is something to boost the signal 10db and split the signal 4 ways - i.e. replace my current Radio Shack splitter with one splitter/amplifier device. I think we talked a little on the other thread. I'm the guy who has about a 90-100 foot run from the street and then the signal is split 4 ways and there are 4 runs anywhere from 35-55 in length (using RG-6 and RG-59 cable) to 4 tvs in the house. I don't have a cable modem yet.

thanks,

--tom

5. Robert Cranwell

Robert Cranwell Stunt Coordinator

ThomasL, This should be what you want www.viewsonic.com
    model # vsa-604L Good amp with reverse path and 4-output splitter built-in. Hope this helps
    Rob