What's new

Cable Question... (1 Viewer)

Joe Woj

Agent
Hello everyone, this is my first post here :)
I just had a quick question really. A few weeks ago I took my first plunge into HT and picked up the Sony HT-DDW740 as a starter set. Actually I'd love to hear your opinions about the unit too if you wish. But anyway, my question is, should I stick with the stock cable that came the unit, or should I spend the money and get a nice monster cable, and if so, should it be optical or coax? Is there much of a difference between a stock cable and the higher quality monster cables?
Thanks.

Mike-grouse

Stunt Coordinator
Can't give you an opinion on the receiver as I know nothing about it, but cables on the other hand...
burn, trash, mangle... pretty much destroy those stock cables and go get at least some monsters. I've had people I knowthat had good luck with AR cables too. Just buy em from a store that lets you return them. They do make a difference, just some people can't hear to egin with so they won't hear a difference no mater what they use.
Also, check out www.htadvice.com
they have a guide on cables that I used to decide which way to go. too much information to list here whihc is why I gave the url.
ANyway, good luck and welcome to the awesome power home theater offers. Pretty soon the movie theater won't be good enough for you.
peace out

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
home depot 12 gauge around .40/ft...optical or coax? stick with the coax...less fragile...get some middle of the road AR stuff, should find it in most places

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Joe,
Welcome to Home Theater! Look for some of the products mentioned above. ALL will offer an improvement over "stock" interconnects. You'll find that there is much debate here as to exactly how much you should (or shouldn't) spend on cables, but most will agree that there are improvements to be gained by replacing "stock" cables.

Enjoy!

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Welcome aboard! I think monster are totally over priced.
I have had great experience with www.wickedcables.com . Quick shipments, great cables and very affordable. 75ohm Digital coax, component video, analog interconnects, balanced interconnects (you wouldn't need these), and more. I have used them all from wicked. I also own www.bettercables.com which are great and affordable too.
Get rid of those cables that came with the setup for sure.
Good luck to you.
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks