Cable question, PLEASE reply!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NathanP, Oct 12, 2001.

1. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Aug 13, 2001
    I'm looking to buy this :
    It's a Behringer bass processor..
    Thing is, as you can see it uses a type of conector called XLR, I've seen those before at the church I run sound for..
    Thing is, My HT doesn't take XLR, just RCA, S-video, and coxial digital..
    Are there any things I can get on the web or at my local Best Buy or Radio Shack that'll turn an XLR cable into RCA?
    Kinda like a "Sexchanger"..
    "Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
    "Okay look, the St. Louis Rams rule, everyone else sucks, so sit down and shutup!"
  2. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

May 27, 2001
    Well, I suppose you could use the XLR connections (which are 3-prong microphone connections) and get some line transformers to go from XLR to 1/4" and THEN add some RCA adaptors, or just use the 1/4" connections on the Behringer with some 1/4" to RCA adaptors. The 1/4" to RCA adaptors can be found at just about any electronics store (Radio Shack, Hughes, etc.) and the XLR to 1/4" line transformers can be found there also, or at a musical instrument store. Decent line transformers run about $15 each, so I'd just use the 1/4" jacks and get the RCA adaptors from Radio Shack.
  3. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Oct 3, 2000
    If I were you I would just use the 1/4" connections and use some RCA cables with rca-1/4" adapters. You can get those at Radioshack. Perhaps some better answers could be given if we knew how exactly you plan to use this in your setup.
    Dan Hine