What's new

cable q (i know, prol redunant) (1 Viewer)

GarrettMN

Auditioning
At the risk of having u brilliant people having to repeat yourselves...

I am setting up a system for my parents... the last phase - the interconnects... several components: hd tuner, dvd player, direct tv...

going to use component cable, except for the direct tv - it gets composite..

audio is coax digital (except for DTV which is TOS)

so heres my question:

they dont want to spend a fortune but then again we dont want junk either and (one condition)... no monster cable...

so what do u people recommend that wont kill me and even more important where can i get them?

ps - bettercables.com is a bit more than i want to spend.

any ideas - and i appologize of this is a tired issue but there is so much info on this board that i started to get confused.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
www.accessories4less.com -- look for Acoustic Research Pro.

Or Radio Shack's Fusion A/V cables.

There are other options listed (numerous) past threads. Try searching on "inexpensive interconnect" or "cheap interconnect" etc.

Be sure that on the cables that will carry the HD signals that the cables are capable of carrying the appropriate bandwidth (some el-cheapo cables may smear the signal).

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You dont need to buy all cables from the same place.

The AR Pro series is great for the lower-quality sources like the VCR/CATV box.

I'd even say use AR pro for the DVD player.

But for the HD Tuner to a HD TV, .. make this your one good cable from BetterCables.

GarrettMN

Auditioning
thanx for all your help - i went witha mix of Monster 3 an THX - i found a guy in town who felt pity on me and gave me excellent prices!!!! again thanx for all the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks