What's new

Cable or FiOS? (1 Viewer)

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
Hey all,
I was wondering which way to go... Verizon FiOS or Cable? Sorry if this has already been posted, I've searched, but didn't find anything.

I always hear about how FiOS has amazing picture quality. Is it worth switching from cable?
I know it comes down to available bandwidth, but how big is the difference? Is it noticeable? I can see some differences when watching HD Cable vs a BD, but wondering about FiOS...

If you have any insight to this, please let me know.

Thanks,

bpickell

Agent
Real Name
Brian
Dude, the difference is indescribable.. It's like going from VHS to bluray that is how big of a difference there is between cable and fios. I have FiOs and will never give that grainy cable another penny of my money. When I bought my house this past May the first thing I did was call Verizon and make sure FiOs was available for that location. If they would have said no, I wouldn't have bought the house.. That is how good the PQ is on FiOs.

Edit: I guess I should mention that I have the HD DVR receiver, so that may make the difference.... Also another selling point was the amount of HD channels that come with FiOs.. It's at least double what Comcrap offers.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It really depends where you live. Some cable systems are excellent, others are sub par. Problem is you normally don't hear about the excellent ones.

I have a choice between Comcast and FIOS. I choose DirecTV
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I've had it for 10 years now. FIOS became available to me in October and I have not had the urge to switch.

(FWI - I do have FIOS internet and it rocks!!!)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
In my area, Fios has MUCH better customer support, is cheaper, offers better packages, and has better picture quality. The DVR boxes from both companies are not exceptional. I use 2 HD Tivo boxes with dual cablecard tuners instead of Fios's hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babarrun
Recent bookmarks