Cable installers cuttin corners?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Josh Varghese, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Josh Varghese

Josh Varghese Stunt Coordinator

Apr 8, 2003
    Sorry I did not know where else to post this....

So yesterday COMCAST came out to install a data outlet for high speed internet. They are currently running a promotion for 19.95 a month for 6 months at which time I can cancel. Total installation + equip came out to about $14.

Well the two technicians came out to install it (they were both around 21 years age) and the install went pretty smoothly except one thing.

After they left I wanted to see the work so I went outside. Well the cable for our neighborhood originates on the telephone poles that are located behind the fence of our backyard. Well they dropped a line down from it and just ran it across the lawn out the door and hooked it up along the side of our house.

They did a decent job concealing the cable up the house into the a attic, however there is just cable running along the middle or our backlawn and for 10 feet along the side. Its not along the fence or underground; it is just exposed.

How am I supposed to mow my lawn? Is this normal practice? I'm assuming I should just call COMCAST and complain; are they going to charge me to send another guy out here to re-do it?

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Dec 26, 2001
    No that is not a normal install. Sounds like they were going to bury the wire & forgot about it. Call & they will come & fix it without any charge or go out & trip over it & call your lawyer & get Comcast for "FREE" forever. [​IMG] But I'll bet if you really complain you can get some free pay movie channels out of them or at least extend the DSL free for one year.