Cable hookup questions...

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Ryan.S., Dec 16, 2003.

1. Ryan.S.

Ryan.S. Extra

OK I'm basically a newbie in home audio. I recently purchased the onkyo 501. I have some cheap speakers now but I'm going to be buying some better ones in the near future. I need to know what cables I need to hook everything up though.

I want to hook up a dvd player, vcr, and PS2. And obviously all my speakers and a sub.

If you could tell me what cables I need to purchase... and some good brands that aren't expensive... I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Ryan

2. Matthew-K

Matthew-K Stunt Coordinator

Well first off it depends on your tv/monitor, and audio/video equipment inputs. The DVD should be hooked up with component video cables for best picture, unless you have a DVD player and tv/monitor that has DVI. The ps2 can also be hooked up via component cables as well, or s-video, again depending on the tv/monitor inputs. The vcr can go through the cable/sat system you have.

3. EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz Stunt Coordinator

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

As for decent quality inexpensive brands of cable, AR fit this category and are available at Best Buy. If you do not mind shopping online, the Dayton brand available at www.partsexpress.com are very good and reasonably priced.