cable help?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Frank joe, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Frank joe

Frank joe Stunt Coordinator

hi, i need some decent cables without breaking the bank. i have jsut purchased a ati 250watt per 5 channel amp. so i need 5 cables . were should i look and do i stay away from monster????????????? also anyone ever hear of diamond backs?>>????????????// help thankyou frank

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Usually the best bang-for-the-buck are cables from the custom cable sites.

Since you are dealing with audio, you can buy 2 component video cable sets (3 wires in each) and use these to help reduce "cable clutter".

If you are trying to stay under a budget, the AR brand of cables or even the Radio Shack "MegaCable" cables have a good representation for video. They should perform well for audio as well.

3. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

I think the diamondbacks are a product made by Audioquest (www.audioquest.com). Audioquest makes a full line of audio & video cables, speaker wire, etc. Their stuff is supposedly pretty good, but it's not cheap either. Check their website for products.

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I take it that's to go between your receiver or preamp and the amp. Set a price limit for yourself and search out the lowest capacitance/ft cable you can find that's reasonably well shielded.

5. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

6. Frank joe

Frank joe Stunt Coordinator

well, thanks for all the help. i selected to go with straight wire cables . while they are not cheap i am only going to need 1 meter cables. i selected the encore line 5 channel cable ( 5 seperate cables in on mesh sleve) . i also selected a digital coxial cable called megalink. also 1 meter . i dont have far to go as i use a bello audio rack. i purchased both for 254.00$ delivered from an internet site. (offical site for straight wire) .
    frankie