What's new

Cable from subwoofer to AV receiver (1 Viewer)

Wil Lee

Grip
Can I just use any ordinary AV cable to hook up the subwoofer to the AV receiver? I'm currently using a mono cable, but had to option of getting a digital one. Considering, it's only the subwoofer, am I wrong to think the cable doesn't make a difference?

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
A standard 75 ohm shielded cable with RCA phono plugs will work fine to connect the LFE output of your receiver to the line input of your sub (I am assuming it is a powered sub).

Wil Lee

Grip
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you. Currently, I've hooked up the receiver to the sub's "LFE out" with a "mono AV cable". The sub works just fine. I had the option of using a "Y-splitter" to connect to the sub's L and R inputs. The botton line is does it matter which connection I use for the sub, just as long as it's working right?

Tuan Le

Agent
Just curious why every single hometheater store I've seen uses the "Y" spliter on their sub left/right connections???

Thanks
-Tuan

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Use the Y adapter. This increases the input voltage to the sub, which will resulit in a slight improvement in response. It will not give you a gain in SPL, because the calibrated SPL will be the same either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks