What's new

Cable for FP. Please help! (1 Viewer)

Derrek Kyzar

Auditioning
Hey guys! Long time lurker.
Just bought a house and thanks mainly to you guys I have pulled the trigger on front projection. Got a Pany LT300U and Da-Lite screen on the way after selling the 65" Toshiba. I was reading the Projector Central reviews for the unit and i came across this setup from someone...

========================
Panasonic PT-L300U
Da-Lite HCCV 92" 16:9
Onkyo Receiver (all video is directed through the reciever into one 25' Monster Video3 component cable)
========================

My question is.. can someone tell me exactly what cable he is talking about? A link or part number?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Derrek

jimmy~e

Agent
Use the Google search engine. Enter "monster 3 component video cable and read to your hearts content!

jimmy~e

Agent
Oops I hit the send button too soon. The following is from Amazon.com:
Monster Cable MV3CV-1M Monster Video 3 High-Resolution Component-Video Cable
Price: $69.99

Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours

Features:

Nitrogen cellular dielectric
Metal-to-metal double shield
Specially wound copper conductor
Duraflex protective jacket
Heavy duty strain relief

Editorial Reviews
From the Manufacturer
Monster Video 3 Offers Reference video Cable Performance Monster Video 3's (MV3) reputation for delivering the clearest, sharpest picture and the brightest, most accurate colors is well-founded. MV3 was the first video cable ever to receive certification by the prestigious Imaging Science Foundation-the home theatre industry's recognized authority on video reproduction. With an extremely linear bandwidth to 550MHz and 75-ohm impedance, MV3 offers consistently outstanding picture definition for composite video, component video and cable TV. MV3 features a unique gas-injected dielectric for improved, high velocity signal transfer. True metal-to-metal double shielding of foil and copper braid provides maximum protection against EM and RF interference. Gas-Injection: the Fuel for Signal Transfer MV3's signal-carrying conductor is embedded in the center of a unique dielectric (insulator). Gas is injected into the dielectric, creating uniform, microscopic cells that allow the conductor to rest in the exact center of the cable (even when the cable is bent). The result is consistent 75-Ohm impedance for maximum signal strength, constant performance and efficient transfer of video signals between components. Certifiably the Best The Imaging Science Foundation demands stringent standards be et for cable certifications. MV3 not only meets ISF standards but exceeds them. That's why ISF calls Monster Video 3 "absolutely necessary for good pictures in home theatre." One look and you'll agree.

Product Description
Monster Cable MV3CV-1M Monster Video. 3 Component Video Cable 1 meter length

jimmy~e

Agent
Oops I hit the send button too soon. The following is from Amazon.com:
Monster Cable MV3CV-1M Monster Video 3 High-Resolution Component-Video Cable
Price: $69.99

Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours

Features:

Nitrogen cellular dielectric
Metal-to-metal double shield
Specially wound copper conductor
Duraflex protective jacket
Heavy duty strain relief

Editorial Reviews
From the Manufacturer
Monster Video 3 Offers Reference video Cable Performance Monster Video 3's (MV3) reputation for delivering the clearest, sharpest picture and the brightest, most accurate colors is well-founded. MV3 was the first video cable ever to receive certification by the prestigious Imaging Science Foundation-the home theatre industry's recognized authority on video reproduction. With an extremely linear bandwidth to 550MHz and 75-ohm impedance, MV3 offers consistently outstanding picture definition for composite video, component video and cable TV. MV3 features a unique gas-injected dielectric for improved, high velocity signal transfer. True metal-to-metal double shielding of foil and copper braid provides maximum protection against EM and RF interference. Gas-Injection: the Fuel for Signal Transfer MV3's signal-carrying conductor is embedded in the center of a unique dielectric (insulator). Gas is injected into the dielectric, creating uniform, microscopic cells that allow the conductor to rest in the exact center of the cable (even when the cable is bent). The result is consistent 75-Ohm impedance for maximum signal strength, constant performance and efficient transfer of video signals between components. Certifiably the Best The Imaging Science Foundation demands stringent standards be et for cable certifications. MV3 not only meets ISF standards but exceeds them. That's why ISF calls Monster Video 3 "absolutely necessary for good pictures in home theatre." One look and you'll agree.

Product Description
Monster Cable MV3CV-1M Monster Video. 3 Component Video Cable 1 meter length

Derrek Kyzar

Auditioning
Thanks a ton.. I was sure that I copied and pasted to Yahoo search and didn't get anything. Oh well.. I see it now.

Thanks again
Derrek

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Derrek: The price that jimmy~e pasted was for 1 meter of Monster Cable @ $70. If you're looking for 25' of cable, you'd be paying upwards of $300. You could just as easily go with Acoustic Research or somebody similar for probably 1/5th the price and get similar (if not better) quality. Monster Cable is more hype than help.

Derrek Kyzar

Auditioning
Awesome, thanks Jesse.

Looks like the Monster 26.5 feet Video 3 cables are $149. I'll start looking around for another manufacturer though to see what I can find.

Derrek

Derrek Kyzar

Auditioning
Woot! Thanks Ron.
Another quick question.
I am leaning towards spending the money on these cables rather than run of the mill Component Cables, but the person that will be running the wires wants me to get the wire and connectors seperate because it will be easier to run the bare cable without the connectors on and to have a better looking ceiling mount run (smaller hole in the faceplate I think).
Can I have some testimony to the superiorness of these cables to show him.
Also, would it be feasable (or necessary) to remove the connectors and then re-attach them after the run?
I share his desire to have a professional looking mount. One outlet plug in the ceiling and one faceplate with the Component and S-Video. Any suggestions would be MOST appreciated.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Why not drill your small hole and run one cable through at a time. That way, your opening is not much bigger than all three cables less the width of one connector.

Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks